Pool lifeguard training
The training is aimed at people who wish to learn the techniques and methods of lifeguard prevention and rescue in order to achieve either professional rehabilitation or just the knowledge of these special techniques as a personal resource.
Theory and practice
The courses cover the entire range of theoretical and practical material set by the Ministry of Shipping and Aegean, as well as all further preparation at tutorial level for the exams by the Port Authority of the country.
Specifically, the courses include lifeguarding theory and practice, and last 14 hours.
Theory and practice of First Aid, duration 12 hours.
- Victim identification methods
- Obligations of the lifeguard
- Use of lifesaving equipment
- Current legislation
- Lifeguard swimming
- Approach and tow victim
Step by step
Book a seat
Contact Lifeguard Patrol, learn more and book a seat in the next training session. New courses every month, all year round. Tel. 2351046114
Attend the courses of a total duration of 26 hours. The courses take place in the Katerini indoor swimming pool and in the school’s offices. P. Tsaldari 19
Below you will find out which are the necessary supporting documents you will need for your participation in the swimming pool lifeguard exams.
Take part in the certification exams. The examinations are held at member schools of the Hellenic Lifeguard Association. Lifeguard Patrol is an official examination center.
Under the new law, all hotels/rooms for rent with a pool are required to hire a pool lifeguard. A seat is waiting for you!
4 color, recent, ID-type photographs.
Identity card or other identification document.
- Psychiatrist: that the person concerned is mentally sound and medically fit to receive lifeguard training and practice as a lifeguard.
- Dermatologist: that the person concerned does not suffer from a contagious disease and is medically fit to receive lifeguard training to practice the profession of lifeguard.
- Pathologist: that the person concerned is healthy and medically fit to receive lifeguard training to practice as a lifeguard.
- Cardiologist: that the person concerned is healthy and medically fit to receive lifeguard training to practice as a lifeguard.
For the pool lifeguard license
According to the legislation, the conditions to become a professional lifeguard require the following:
From a lifeguard school recognized by the ministry. Train and earn your lifeguard certification in Lifeguard Patrol.
The certificate is given to those who pass the exams held at member schools of the Hellenic Lifeguard Association. Lifeguard Patrol is an official examination center.
Recruitment every year